1. Salmon – Low in mercury and rich with omega-3 fatty acids (this helps reduce cholesterol!), salmon is a great source of protein. Selenium, which can be obtained from animal proteins such as salmon, is oh-so necessary for strong hair and nails. Not only does the fishy dish help prevent damaged strands and brittle nails, the omega-3 is also known to have anti-inflammatory effects, a.k.a. an added barrier against sunburn.
2. Strawberries – Whether they’re fresh-from the market or cooked up, strawberries are a great source of vitamin C and loaded with antioxidants. In addition to those omega-3 fatty acids, the fruit is a diet must-have for those looking to minimize fine lines and wrinkles and lighten pigmentation and acne marks.
3. Rosemary – Super fragrant, the herb has an unforgettable scent and the ability to stimulate the immune system, increase circulation, and improve digestion — all fabulous features for those of you looking to get fit. As a well-established antioxidant, rosemary is an essential garnish for any health-conscious reader.
4. Tomatoes – Oily skin bumming you out? Well, a handful of tomatoes should do the trick — naturally acidic, the fruit (yes, tomatoes are technically a fruit!) helps balance the skin and eliminate excessive oil. The kitchen essential also contains lycopene, an ingredient that will have anti-aging effects.
5. Figs – Juicy, sweet, and downright delicious, figs are also very high in dietary fiber, which makes these fruits an ideal weight-loss aid. The fiber creates a feeling of fullness, which means you’ll likely pass on the dessert tray. Also an excellent source of potassium, the mineral will promote hair growth and reduce hair loss.
6. Water. Loads of it.